Enrolment is open to children of all races and ethnic origins. We accept children who will be turning 2 years 9 months within their first term, to 4 years olds (rising fives). Children may start preschool when they reach the admittance age (including mid term admittance if space is available).
The Parent Handbook, available for download from the homepage, contains all required application forms. Please complete and send all forms via post or email (email@example.com). Mrs Case will contact you to acknowledge receipt and arrange a date for you and your child to visit the preschool if you have not been in person yet. Please be aware that this does not guarantee a place for your child. Mrs Case will contact you after all places have been allocated to confirm if your child has been accepted. Those who are not able to be accommodated at that time can be placed on a waiting list and may be offered a place at a later date.
All forms must be handed in prior to your child’s first day at school.
Observing Preschool in Action
We would like you to feel welcome at the preschool, either to observe or join in with the activities. If you feel you would like to spend some time with us, please contact Mrs Case to make arrangements.
What Your Child Will Need
Each child will have a place set aside in the foyer and in their class for storing their belongings. Please ensure everything is labelled with your child’s name (including shoes).
- Practical, comfortable play clothes. Please send your child with clothes that are easy for them to take up and down when using the toilet (please avoid dungarees and belts). Please take into consideration our messy play when dressing your child. Although aprons are used, paint and glue sometimes work their way onto clothing!
- Waterproof trousers must be provided for outside play.
- In case of accidents, please provide a spare change of clothes to be kept at the preschool during term time.
- Plimsolls or slippers are required for indoor use. Please send your child in shoes which are easy for them to put on and take off. Although we appreciate that sometimes this is difficult, we would be very grateful if you could avoid ankle boots / lace up shoes.
- Trainers with velcro fastenings are required for PE sessions.
For full day attendance please provide your child with a healthy packed lunch and drink. During the morning session, each child will be provided with a healthy snack, consisting mainly of fruit and vegetables and a carbohydrate. A drink of milk or water will be provided. Please ensure all lunchboxes are labelled with your child’s name and include an ice pack.